Monday, August 23, 2010

Click!

This blog post has been a long time coming (AND will be a long post)! Back in April I was contacted by Click! Cable Network to photograph their “upcoming” advertising campaign. I had never photographed for such a large format before, but figured I’d give it a go. Working with Click! was wonderful. They are a great company with many great employees that were a pleasure to work with.

I was tasked with photographing 4 sessions. Two separate couples, one family, and one single man.

It was really interesting photographing these sessions as I am used to using my surroundings and props to finish off the photograph, but in these photos props were not wanted and the background was plain white as they were going to be removed from the background anyway. Talk about changing my creative working grounds!

The first session was with Margo and Sam. They are just the sweetest couple! They were excited to be able to have copies of the photograph to share with their family when they celebrate their upcoming anniversary.


The second session was with Patricia and Thane. These two are local business owners! Patricia at Embellish salon and Thane at Sattelite coffee. So if you thought you recognized them from somewhere, now you know! And if you haven’t already, make sure to go and visit them for a haircut and a tasty beverage!


The third session was with Ty. He was so much fun to photograph. With his great spirit and a lot of attitude, I felt like I had known Ty for years after. After about 5 minutes we were already exchanging jokes and sarcastic banter. It was wonderful! Ü


The final session was with the Gordon Family. When they arrived at the studio the kids were bundles of energy so we let them run around and check out their surroundings. I photographed them wherever they wanted, which involved jumping on the bed and lots of giggling. This got them comfortable with me and the camera… after about 5-10 minutes of playing we moved on to taking family photos. I was so impressed with how great the kids were. Generally with little ones it can be tricky to get them both on a great day. I could just tell what a great family they were in the short time we spent together. I sure hope to be able to photograph them again someday!



All of the billboards are now up. I’ve seen all four, but have only gotten 2 photographs (shown below). Would love to hear if there is a billboard near you!  These were taken with my point and shoot... so don't judge too much on the photography skills! ;)



What a neat experience!  I've definitely met some new and wonderful people! Ü

Angie D.
Remember Today ~ Forever


No comments: