Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wine Club



I started a wine club with some girlfriends to learn about wines. We had our first gathering yesterday and we tasted Champagnes/Sparkling Wines. I figured I would share a few photos. We had such a great time! It was fun to learn and giggle and enjoy some bubbly!
Heck... I even baked... and seriously, this is kind of a taking my life into my own hands type of deal for me. I don't know that I have ever come away from baking without some sort of injury. I am proud to admit I am injury free and had some tasty appetizers to boot! Cherry Glazed Brie and an Onion Tart.
My favorites: Kirkland Brand Champagne $21.99, Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut $16.99 YUM!, Villa Sandi Cuvee Prosecco $14.99.
Least favorites: Shramsberg blanc de blanc $30.99 Super YUCKY!, Cristalino Brut Cava $7.99 Just so so.
Well, that's all for today! I will keep you posted on my wine findings!

3 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

That sounds like so much fun and your brie sounds like an interesting recipe. Yum.

lynette said...

So fun!! I want to do one too.

Anonymous said...

Another good one to try - Silverlake - roza reisling. so good!

Kerri b